What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Homebuilt camping access?

alcladrv

Well Known Member
Does anybody know if you can routinely use the Permit Only gates near Homebuilt Camping as a pedestrian, with a wristband, of course. That seems like a quick way to get to Vans banquet, the museum or maybe walk a bicycle to the gate and pedal on down the road.

In the past yes. We've stumbled, err, walked back from SOS Bros many times using the gate at the intersection of Foundation and Gallatin.

In the past yes. We've stumbled, err, walked back from SOS Bros many times using the gate at the intersection of Foundation and Gallatin.

The function of the gate has changed over the last year or so after HBC has over run what used to be some of the vendor parking.

The gate is still there, but I don't know how late it is open. One evening last year, we had to use the gate up by the warbirds/N40 to get into HBC. My experience is that it's usually open until around 9-10pm. I would ask one of the folks manning the gate what their hours are as you walk out the gate.

Back