What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oshkosh 2018 - Third Annual HBC Beer Tasting - Sunday 7/22

bullojm1

Well Known Member
The natives are getting restless, so it must mean it's time to officially announce the 2018 Oshkosh THIRD Annual HBC Beer Tasting - Sunday, July 22nd, 1700 at the NEW AWESOME HBC Pavilion!

First the foremost - Jerry Fischer - THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! You are the real reason this is possible!!! Anyone who has access to the sweet nectar of Deschutes Black Butte, toss a bottle in Jerry's tent!

VOLUNTEERS - You are the second most important reason this event is a SUCCESS! Those brave enough to endure the thankless job of fighting off the thirsty restless masses before the 5pm kickoff, I need to solicit your help again this year! Anyone bored on Sunday afternoon who is skilled at putting warm beer in ice buckets is welcome to join our amazing team. DAN LANDRY - you will be missed! Rob, Paul and Frank - consider yourself on the list. PAINLESS - THANKS FOR STEPPING UP! CJ - Looking forward to sampling your cache of Alaskan beers!

I'm In

Had a blast last 2 times and plan to be there this year. Thanks Mike for organizing it.

In

Hi Mike,
I would like to volunteer to help out. I will see you Sunday PM.
Mark

Looking forward to seeing all of you again!

Hopefully my Alaskan beers won't evaporate on the way back home!

;) CJ

I'm planning to be there as well. I'll find something tasty to bring from New England. Looking forward to seeing everyone, hope to get there at the beginning this year, not the tail end like last year!

Thermos is in + 1, maybe +3. I'll have some yummy NEPAs to share!

We get to OSH somewhere around 1300L with a car and I'm happy to help out, Mike. Just let me know.

Dave

Last edited:
9 Days until the 2018 Beer tasting!!!!!! Who's thirsty?????

Dan (dweyant), Mark (skid) and Thermos, PM me your phone # and I'll start a group text. THANKS FOR VOLUNTEERING!

Same complicated rules as last year - why mess with PERFECTION???

1) Location - Same as the last two years. - We will set up in the West end of HBC.
HBCBeerTasting.jpg

2) Drop beer off anytime after 3pm to be chilled. Event starts at 5pm. Not 4:45pm. Not 4:55pm. 5PM. Please be respectful of the start time.

3) HAVE FUN and clean up after yourself. Jerry Fischer is a big reason this event is such a hit, and he has one simple rule - he wants the grounds to look as good after the event as they did before the event.

4) You've got to pay to play. Please only attend if you've brought (good) beer.

VOLUNTEERS! I need some. I know Dan (dweyant), Mark (skid) and Thermos are in. I could use a few extra. The pay is terrible, but you get to crack one open early :D

SUPPLIES! I will bring 200 Solo cups, 200 name tags, Sharpies and 20+ bottle openers. Jerry supplies the ice and tubs (THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU JERRY!!!).

Last edited:
Looking forward to hauling some of our prized Canadian brew to this world famous event ( RV world) , hoping there's stil room for my tent in the back of ARV

Hey Mike,

I just got off the Pacific Crest Trail a few days ago & WILL be able to make it to Oshkosh this year. I'll resume my roll as "Ice Man", if you've not filled it yet.
I was able to score one of those 50% off tix.:)

I plan on arriving Friday evening before the show. Let me know if you need any prep work. My cell# has not changed. Otherwise, send me a pm & I will get it to you.

Hey Mike,

I just got off the Pacific Crest Trail a few days ago & WILL be able to make it to Oshkosh this year. I'll resume my roll as "Ice Man", if you've not filled it yet.
I was able to score one of those 50% off tix.:)

I plan on arriving Friday evening before the show. Let me know if you need any prep work. My cell# has not changed. Otherwise, send me a pm & I will get it to you.

Dan - This is the BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD ALL YEAR! See you Sunday, if not Saturday!!!!!

Happy to help with setup or whatever else needs doing. Or bringing. Will certainly have something special from Seattle to share. Please feel free to PM me if you are handing out assignments.

Lars

Roy

Boy that Porter looks inviting... I have a few Black & Tan's to contribute & some local IPA from Athens Georgia...:p

Do you need any more help? It looks like I will be up on Sunday and have an SUV so I can bring a few bags of ice or something. Can also help setup too.

Jeff

I am forced to drive in this year as my rv9a is still under construction. I would like to attend and bring some fine Canadian brews. How would I get the brews on site? I don't think they will allow it in the main gate. Can someone help me with the logistics?

Jack

Ps I'll bring really good beer!!

I?ll be bringing in my usual; Samuel Smith?s Organic Chocolate Stout... and this time I promise not to drink it all!

Who's thirsty???? 10 hours until the 3rd Annual Beer Tasting! See you all there.

To our volunteers - I'm currently 30 miles west of Oshkosh. Should be there this morning when weather allows.

See you all soon!!!

Who's thirsty???? 10 hours until the 3rd Annual Beer Tasting! See you all there.

To our volunteers - I'm currently 30 miles west of Oshkosh. Should be there this morning when weather allows.

See you all soon!!!

Mike,
I am sitting near the WI/IL border waiting for the ceilings to lift a bit. Fingers crossed I can get in this morning.
Mark

We most likely will not make it today! Even though I am IFR rated, this is way below my personal minimums. Would like to cross Lake Michigan and need much better ceilings. To go around doesn't look any better for now.

Back