What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Taildragger instruction - northwest Atlanta

Indytim

Does anyone know of taildragger instruction in the vicinity of northwest Atlanta?

Thanks

Last edited:
Try

Kent Gorton, flies his RV6 out of Mallards Landing, I did my RV7 transition with him & he is top notch phone: 314-368-6007

Agree on Kent. My son and I did our transition trainng with him. We had a blast!

Another option is Greg Koontz in Ashville, Alabama.

I just did Spin Training and Basic Aerobatics, going back for Advanced Aerobatics in November.

He is a fantastic instructor and the school is also a Bed and Breakfast, bring your significant other, includes meals, fantastic beds, really a great time, highly recommended!

http://www.gkairshows.com

Edit: His private airport and B&B are out in the country, it's eerily quiet when no planes are running, relaxing.

Last edited:
They're both good guys, and I've taken instruction from both. However, if I had to pick, I'd go with Greg. Nice place, better equipment, any sort of instruction you want (tailwheel, acro, upset, spin), all from a very private grass strip.

Hmm, that just sounds like a good ol' fashion good time.... We've been flying some of the same airshows, shooting the... for the past few years.

Last edited:
Back