What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oshkosh Oddysey

Jerry Fischer

Well Known Member
Arrived at Home Built Camping yesterday afternoon about 1 PM after a 15 1/2 hour drive from Winder. ( I'm gettin' too old for this straight through stuff):eek:
Got the bugs swept out of the building to start with
Looked at progress of Pavillion, (Pictures later).:)Sod down & looks great. Roof dried in & tin to be installed on Friday. All y'all will be impressed with sheer size
(40 x 80):p
Had supper with my buds from Home Built HQ @ Friar Tucks. beer & French Dip hit the spot.:rolleyes:
Hot Shower
Bedtime 2145 (9:30 PM):D
Woke up @ 0645 to drizzling rain, so plan is to clean inside & hit Menards for HBC supplies.
More tomorrow...stay tuned

Jerry, keep us updated... while the rest of us are flying a desk until it is time to escape northbound.

Really appreciate all that you do up there, Jerry! Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Vic

Thanks!

Jerry,

Thanks for all your effort. This will be my first trip to Oshkosh, weather and work allowing. I plan to camp in HBC and take it all in... :)

Great Job Boss!

Thank you for all the advance work Jerry. I can't wait to get there on Saturday. Volunteering at HBC has been the best experience.

Hey King Homebuilt

We're working hard to get planes back together put panels in fix cracked wheel pants.
Thanks for the update UPS
box will be sent on Tuesday
See you soon Boss
Jack & Anita

Jerry, you and your crew are the best! Last year was our first trip in my 7 and you volunteers made HBC wonderful! Weather permitting, we will be there Saturday morning so we can get ready for the big show on Sunday! Watchin and listening to the crowd floppin in on Sunday is the highlight of the week!:p

Jerry, is there anything you need a few people to bring? I know last year the electric outlets were in high demand for USB chargers and such - should a few of us mule some power strips? Anything else?

Thanks for all you do!

Jerry,
I am bringing a power strip and a 6 outlet, high speed USB charger for community use. Let me know if you need some more and I will throw them in too.

I can't wait to see the new pavilion!

Wi-fi

Jerry, is there anything you need a few people to bring? I know last year the electric outlets were in high demand for USB chargers and such - should a few of us mule some power strips? Anything else?

Thanks for all you do!

Hey Kurt, we should be good for wifi kiosks, for charging as they are "supposed" to install 110 vac outlets under the pavillion. I'll keep you posted. What day are you arriving & I'll email you via this site as to status.

Pavillion Pics

Hey Jerry

Any chance you get any pics of the new Pavillion in HBC yet?

Inquiring minds want to see.

UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE

2qmfawx.jpg

Wifi poor as I tried to post last nite.

Roof should be done today temp here @ 0800 is 59 F
Light drizzle, good for new sod and grass:)

Contractors should be out by end of day Monday that's the good news

The bad news is they have moved the two shower trailer locations down to the south 200 feet and put them end to end. they shoud be on site early next week as they are @ the Rock concert across the Interstate this weekend.

We should be good to go by next weekend so fly safe and please don't risk safety for get hereitis.
I'll post more updates later tonight...that is all, carry on

Slow wi-fi

I sent myself a pic via email by phone & it hasn't arrived yet, maybe after supper. Roof almost finished (they ran out of materials) I'm not commenting on why:rolleyes:

Saturday Evening 2030 hours 8 30 PM

Well its Saturday Nite here in Home-Built Camping. I'm having a glass of wine after dinner & church as I write this blog. The HBC bldg has been repaired, see after arrival for explanation. The Pavilion has been completed through the roof. The gable ends are finished & the dormers and soffits should be completed Monday so that's what we should have at the start of Airventure. We have traded out our cooler in the office bldg for a side by side refrig/freezer. (you're welcome Jan) and I'll post an update of pictures tomorrow. We have 2 new gas griddles for campers to use under the pavilion and now have 4 gas BBQ grills ready to go. I'm going to string LED lights (48 ft each x 3 ) under the overhang so we should have enough low level lighting in the evening. Grass is mowed and
we are looking forward to a great 2n weeks ahead.:)

Hubba, hubba, hubba! Packing is progressing here. The plastic bin is ready to ship on Monday. ("ring-a-ling... Welcome wagon." Yeah, I need a ride to fedex receiving, we're on row ..)

Jerry
Glad to see the additional grills :D, see you Saturday (weather permitting of course).
Figs

Looking forward to meeting folks. This will be my first time to Oshkosh - I'm getting the idea this is kind of a big deal... hoping I can hang a bit with you RV guys even though my buddy and I are arriving in a Cherokee. Our own RV's are not quite ready for prime time.

Back