What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Timing Plasma II plus Ignition

Graham

Folks,

I am endeavouring to time the Hall Effect module on my Plasma plus II electronic ignition fitted to my nearly completed RV6, but am unable to get the green timing light to turn on when I rotate the module iaw the manual.

The module is installed on the RH mag location, engine is O-320, with an ignition switch.

two questions arise;

1. Presumably I should have the EI power on.

2. Presumably I should also have the Ignition switch ON.

3. The Manual states to rotate the module counter-clockwise. Is this as viewed from the front or rear (and does it really matter).

Any other suggestions highly appreciated thanks.
Graham Murphy
New Zealand.

The EI power IS the ignition switch. The power should go directly from the battery to the switch (key or toggle).

Rotate CCW from the rear.

First, test the light. All plug wires removed and a plug from each cyl. Hold the hall effect unit in place and have a helper turn the prop CCW facing the spinner, and see if the light is even connected. If you can't get the light to turn on during one revolution, then you have a wiring issue.

Check the installation manual very carefully before calling LSI.......... this is important!

The plasma II + has a feature where you are able to wire in a conventional mag switch ground. If you went this way ( which i did) be sure the mag switch it not set up to ground either the left or right side. There s a lug on the rear that is used to ground the left or right mag during start. Just a thought.

PLASMA II+ TIMING

Folks,

Dennis Rhodes hit the nail on the head, I used the wrong Ground terminal on the Ign switch. Also I had an intermittent problem with my 12V supply that I am too embarrassed to mention.

So thanks to Dennis, & all that replied, & LSE, I now have a green light that glows when it should on my Hall Affect module.

Thanks
Graham
New Zealand

Back