VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 01-18-2020, 02:55 PM

NO. The Garmin 20A is an approved gps position source. You donít need that. Either your 430W or GTN- can furnish the position via an RS232 output. You need the actual transmitter. Either a new mode S-ES transponder that can accept Garmin data (I know Garmin and Trig TT20 and TT31 will), or a UAT transmitter on 978 MHz that can read Garminís ADSB+ format.
Old 01-20-2020, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreskatz View Post
txs for the response i forgot to add that i have a bendix king 76c transponder in addition to the garmin 430W so should i get the garmin 20a to be compliant? i called stein air and could not get a straight answer
thanks for responding
As Bob posted, no.

But another option is, since you have a KT76, you can replace it with a KT 74 and use your G430W as the position source. The KT74 is plug n play compatible with the KT76 so all you would need is to run one small wire from the G430W to the KT74 and configure it correctly. A significant reduction to the installation cost and time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreskatz View Post
sorry to ask other question in the same subject the above relates to my IVP but my rv8 has a g3x and a gtn 650 and i am unable to get an adsb out signal also confused about what is required, stein air said that with both i should be able to get a signal but i had the ground test done and got no signal
thanks
It should work so this is a good question for G3xpert.

2019 Dues Paid
www.PuertoRicoFlyer.com

Last edited by GalinHdz : 01-20-2020 at 12:22 PM.