What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin G5 Software 8.30 Now Available (1/8/2020)

g3xpert

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Garmin G5 Software 6.30 Now Available (1/8/2020)

Good Morning,

We released G5 Software Version 6.30 to the software download area today. While the majority of the changes are behind-the-scenes improvements, there are a couple of items worth mentioning.

When a GAD 13 is installed in a G5 system, OAT data will be transmitted to any connected Garmin Navigator through the GAD 29 ARINC 429 Interface.

This software update includes the necessary support for G3X Touch MFD only installations, as outlined in a previous post.

YzZrboD4ZrCHb2aERBT2aJ9RHtpktmCItEgBOqrDcaNcgIsjxG80KHorTpb629LgOQ_ubWCJCSTP17JfapO_FHWEQ-LBYtJYDBj3G5rb5PYSURKcgA6mPNM4C3XSSfyMrqMj2ljmhlp4SynpbHNwAWsd-L1waUuntKF-PaybSOOtj5eMZSFe9ZEXx46CMd4rP1MnhEGpdEdobg1wqcM3zCBf8jNfn0KhQLx2T_0CuP6EvH3BSycPxywWAc88kU2oqmSgfX6IhHNN0dDEPo3VOF5ecVMbhrp_TzvyAoY3w_O0DgwbOO-JWL9SJsYJvb57wzBQW60oncfKW2SH5MNCUyOEA-GB4YU_GZe0wj0fhvY1rF0N5mw-BzooZsGmdKzM19kzzftpSQB31QQv3vQLRTRUiB5k6ukto116s8P4x_CxJ4ONwAToEupsMoGqK4R3_uIAXzE-EXRZSjoaTjk2ojOX80qqD1uxhEMad8Fq186m4c0jzJqyahL2k4J9mk7iQ9W9L2mcwbkMguwS-5A9-49wU5motPu6PIf0u3YR5ha4SoyEO-Im3uvth50w1Z8SHeWaFlUSejcwer-T-GQPBdh6Yse9Bt3jHIx_2vs6MtotQjXeodPI9LG_uzW1h6znbxOZI55OADUFBTAqurX4N30zjJl_d-7s7mzUkbq06yycGcUDC7f4_HUFyg6gcwBy6d-L4QsnuMKKuKIUZy3nI9tKI4shue8N5vN6SSiAK7F0PTg=w640

Changes made from version 6.20 to 6.30:

· Added support for G3X system configurations with no ADAHRS LRUs

· Added support for sending GAD 13 OAT data over ARINC 429

· Improved SD card flight data logging

· General improvements to system operation

· Includes update to GAD 29 software version 3.20

· Includes GMC 507 software version 2.80

· Includes GSA 28 software version 4.40

· Includes GMU 11 software version 2.00

As always, please let us know if you have any questions regarding this software update.

Thanks,

Justin

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

Will this update, and the other included LRU updates be included in the next G3X - GDU460 update?

G5 Software

Thanks guys!

Will this update, and the other included LRU updates be included in the next G3X - GDU460 update?

Matt,

That is correct, when you update the G3X Touch, it will automatically push the relevant G5 software update to any G5 on the CAN bus.

Thanks,

Justin

Justin,

When can we expect to see a round 3 1/8? G5? Especially for our vintage aircraft. 😎

Thanks, Jeff

Round gauges for a round world

A round version from Garmin would be great! There' a couple of round alternatives that I'm aware of: Aerovonics/uAvionix AV-30 and Kanardia Horis. The AV-30 costs more than G5 and currently lacks some equivalent functionality, although the retro look is very nice.

Even a round bezel on the G5 would help, if the display screen and knobs could be made to fit into 3 1/8" opening.

G5

A round version from Garmin would be great! There' a couple of round alternatives that I'm aware of: Aerovonics/uAvionix AV-30 and Kanardia Horis. The AV-30 costs more than G5 and currently lacks some equivalent functionality, although the retro look is very nice.

Even a round bezel on the G5 would help, if the display screen and knobs could be made to fit into 3 1/8" opening.

Good Morning Guys,

Yes this is one that has been requested before. I will remind the team that this is one that a number of people are interested in!

Thanks,

Justin

G3X Update

Were these updates in the last G3X update? or is it necessary to do the G5 to get them?

General improvements to system operation

? Includes update to GAD 29 software version 3.20

? Includes GMC 507 software version 2.80

? Includes GSA 28 software version 4.40

G5 Software

Were these updates in the last G3X update? or is it necessary to do the G5 to get them?

General improvements to system operation

? Includes update to GAD 29 software version 3.20

? Includes GMC 507 software version 2.80

? Includes GSA 28 software version 4.40

When you update the G3X Touch software, it pushes the relevant G5 software out to any G5 on the CAN bus, so you do not have to update both of them manually.

Thanks,

Justin

G5 Software

Is there a G3X update coming soon that would also have this update?

Thanks guys!

Yes, if you download the most recent G3X Touch system software, your G5 software will be updated to the most recent version.

Thanks,

Justin

Nice but pricey

That GI 275 is a surprise announcement, it looks just right, but agree it is a bit more expensive than expected vs G5.

GTX45R software

I have noticed that the GTX45R transponder is not ever included in the G3X software updates.

Do the GTX's not update often or not at all with the G3X system updates? Or, how do you get GTX updates?

I have noticed that the GTX45R transponder is not ever included in the G3X software updates.

Do the GTX's not update often or not at all with the G3X system updates? Or, how do you get GTX updates?

The GTX software update is only available to dealers but usually provided at Oshkosh as well if you bring your unit to the Garmin tent.
(It is not updated with the G3X software)

Latest GTX software:

GTX™ 35R/GTX 45R/GTX 3X5 Series Main Software Version 2.60 and ADS-B Software Version 3.21

I updated my G5 last night. Now, where the Ground Speed is located in the bottom left corner are: X Y Z with numbers?

What is this and how do I fix it?

Thanks!

Back