VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 02-11-2018, 01:59 PM

Thumbs down FlyGarmin Annual Subscription lasts < 1 year!?

Last year on Feb 20 I purchased an annual FlyGarmin NavData subscription. Since then I have updated my database 3 or 4 times maybe.

This year on Feb 11 I logged into my FlyGarmin account only to find that I have no more updates remaining. Has anybody else come across this problem? Last I checked, a year has 365 days - has that changed and nobody told me?

Noah F, RV-7A

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous menů for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible. -T.E. Lawrence

Last edited by Noah : 02-11-2018 at 02:03 PM.
Old 02-11-2018, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah View Post
Last year on Feb 20 I purchased an annual FlyGarmin NavData subscription.

This year on Feb 11 I logged into my FlyGarmin account only to find that I have no more updates remaining. Has anybody else come across this problem? Last I checked, a year has 365 days - has that changed and nobody told me?
Just a guess, but...On a 28 day AIRAC cycle, your last update would have been on/about January 23, so that's probably why you don't have any more visible updates.

My Flickr gallery: http://www.flickr.com/photos/35521362@N06/

RV-9A 19-8519 - Finished on 10th February 2016 after 4 years, 9 months and 19 days! The 1020th RV-9 flying.

First flight 26th March 2016. Phase I done. Essential specs 145KTAS @ 2400RPM, 8000', 24.2LPH, Initial RoC 1800FPM.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah View Post
Last year on Feb 20 I purchased an annual FlyGarmin NavData subscription. Since then I have updated my database 3 or 4 times maybe.

The last update (1802) became effective February 1st. The next update (1803) will become effective on March 1st. Since your subscription expires on Feb 20th, you don't have any remaining updates.

Ref: FAA Aeronautical Database Schedule

www.PuertoRicoFlyer.com

Last edited by GalinHdz : 02-12-2018 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:13 PM

My guess is that when you began your subscription, you immediately got the current database which would have been valid before your subscription date. If they had done it the way you're thinking, you would have had to wait until the beginning of the next update to get the database, but that clearly wouldn't make sense, so they technically start your subscription one period earlier than your date...
RV-8 #81077 Super Slow Build
Titan IOX-370, Dual P-Mags, AFP FM200A FI, Sensenich GA Prop
First Flight 11/20/2016
www.marksrv8.com
Old 02-12-2018, 08:32 PM

Garmin's pretty understanding. Call them up and tell them that you just didn't use all of the updates you paid for. Possible the agent will credit you with one or two.

-Marc
Old 02-13-2018, 12:24 PM

Same thing happened to me last year. Now I wait for day 1 of the cycle to renew.
Donated for 2018