What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flap gap fairing

Hi
I am up to installing the flap gap fairing on my QB wings. I am struggling to see how I will be able to do the rivets in the middle set of ribs
I can reach the inner ones through inspection flap and the outboard ones from the open skin but the 4 or so in the middle I am struggling to come up with a plan of attack for
Could those who have completed please help with some thoughts
Regards
Stewy

Stewy,

I don't recall having any issues with the gap fairing on the QB wings, I remember it going on easily. Do you have a pic of the area you are talking about?

Stewy,
With the bottom skins not on yet, there should be plenty of access. As ?bkervaski? said, a photo would help insure we are on the same page.

It is hard to reach but it is very much doable.

This is what I did so I won't have a misshap, I cut a piece of wood thick enough that when my bucking bar was on top of it, it was just high enough to be right at rivet shop head. I taped the bucking bar to the piece of wood and let it sit flat on the skin. This way, I did not need to reach as far or a need to control the bucking bar precisely. The piece of wood had to be cut in an angle so the bucking bar is totally perpendicular to the rivet head or rear spar.

Good luck.

I think I have worked it out just had to have a bit more of a go and streach
With son and little arms I think it will work ok just a bit more challenging to get to than I was thinking or maybe I was just over thinking it
Regards
Stewy

Back