What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Light Location

amaris

Well Known Member
Hi Everyone,
Just starting the wing (yes, a while to go before getting to this stage, but I like to plan ahead). I have a pair of Whelen 71125 Series LED Recognition Lights that came with the kit I purchased and trying to figure out what I should do for lighting.

I know some people go wingtip only lights, some install wingtip and leading edge lights. Pluses and minuses on either scenario?

One less thing to worry about if I can get everything into the wing without spending a fortune, so that would be a preference. But I also want to not be under powered.

Going into a 7A, so don't have to worry about pointing them into people's eyes during taxi (unless I'm doing something very wrong).

I'm open to selling the Whelens to get something else too.

Thanks!

There probably isn't a wrong answer, but I felt having the landing/taxi lights closer to the cockpit was important (mostly because its hard enough to see at night without your lights also being off far to the side) - so I used the Duckworks kit to cut out a slot for them (one on each wing).

Only the nav/strobe lights are in the wingtip - which is probably good, it seems like it'd be a tight fit with bigger lights there too.

Back