What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Louisville, Kentucky FBO?

pierre smith

Well Known Member
Mornin' gang,

Jenny and I have our National Ag Aviation convention to attend next week and I wonder which FBO to park at with possible hangar space for 4 days. GA friendly with car rental would be nice.

Thanks,

Louisville Aviation at Bowman Field (KLOU) will surely have room for your plane in their monster hangars. Don't know the charge, though. I do know they're proud of their Avgas...way high!

Might try KJVY, across the river

Honaker at JVY has been reasonable

You might call about hangar availability and cost

Certainly should compare to KLOU before committing to KLOU

Ordinarily Honecker (at JVY) would be OK, but we are building bridges here in Kentucky, and you DO NOT want to cross that construction zone in a car if you don't have to. (you have to cross bridge into KY)
Tanker fuel into Bowman, because its REALLY expensive here. Louisville aviation will take care of you for the rest...
Enjoy the city. There is a couple of culinary schools, so there is GREAT food here...
If something breaks on the plane, take your cowl off, and watch how many RV guys gather... :)

Dmadd
PS
I'll be back in town by friday. PM me and I'll shoot you my number in case you need some vectors to a toolbox or a pub.

Last edited:
You might try Clark County They are just a little North of Louisville on I65. Not real far from the convention center. It has been a while since I have flown in, but at the time nice folks.
Dave

I've landed at Standiford several times to attend events at the convention center. As convenient as it gets but you will pay for convenience in ramp fee, security fee and expensive fuel. I haven't overnighted but would quess there is a fee for that as well.

UPS has a major hub there but not that busy during daytime.

If I were to overnight I would look into Bowman assuming rental cars are available.

Lexington FBO

Lexington FBO is close to Louisville and they have ESPN sports channel above each urinal and free cookies. FOR REAL! ....but don't touch all the cookies, just the one you take.

Did all my flight training out of KLOU, also did a lot of landings at KJVY (5 min by air, 15 by land).

The bridges are not that bad, I cross them everyday for work.

ASI at clark seemed to have best fuel prices at KJVY when I did my training a few years back. Either airport will serve you just fine though.

Feel free to email me if you need some ground support.

Back