What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

NavData Early Update- 430W

BMC_Dave

Well Known Member
Was hoping to figure this out this update cycle but missed my chance, so I'll just ask. Navdata updates are available a week before the effective dates, but does that mean if I go ahead and install the update I'm illegal to file /G until the effective dates?

I think I read about some avionics waiting to apply the updates until they are valid but I don't think the 430W would do this.

650 will, 430 will not

You can pre-load the 650/750 cards and the unit will hold the update until it is time ---- the 430/530 cards only hold the installed navdata, so, if you are early, legally you cannot use it for IFR (I have found so little changes that most likely you will not have an issue)

Ron

You can pre-load the 650/750 cards and the unit will hold the update until it is time ---- the 430/530 cards only hold the installed navdata, so, if you are early, legally you cannot use it for IFR (I have found so little changes that most likely you will not have an issue)

Ron

Ah that's what I figured, appreciate it. Yeah I know it's not a practical safety concern, but it's for a club plane so I want to make sure it's legal for anyone who uses it.

Back