What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GDL-39 Questions

lr172

Well Known Member
Looking for a little assistance in leveraging the GDL-39.

I intend to use a GDL-39 with my G3X setup. I am hoping to mount the 39 under the seat and direct wire into 12VDC.

Will the unit power up automatically once it sees 12V without having to press the on button?

I believe this has a GPS in it, but I have several other GPS sources and don't need the GPS data. Will the 39 work properly if it cannot get a lock on a GPS signal, assuming the G3X has a valid signal?

Will I find a need to access the on / off button to reset the unit for blue tooth pairing problems?

Thanks for your assistance.

Larry

1. Yes it powers up when power applied
2. Mine is hard wired and connects to a 796, it defaults to the 796 GPS (according to g3expert) presumably because it is programmed to recognize the existence of higher priority GPS inputs, I would assume the G3X would be the same
3. The Bluetooth with the latest firmware seems very stable, I cannot remember the last time I had to go into pairing mode. You probably at least need it to be able to get at it for the rare occasion when you are setting something up or checking something.
Figs

1. Yes it powers up when power applied
2. Mine is hard wired and connects to a 796, it defaults to the 796 GPS (according to g3expert) presumably because it is programmed to recognize the existence of higher priority GPS inputs, I would assume the G3X would be the same
3. The Bluetooth with the latest firmware seems very stable, I cannot remember the last time I had to go into pairing mode. You probably at least need it to be able to get at it for the rare occasion when you are setting something up or checking something.
Figs

Thanks for your input Dave!

Back