What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vinyl Graphics Suppliers

rvbldr3170

Hi all,
I am getting to the point of finishing (you know, 90% done - 90% to go) and I am plannning on polishing the plane and using some of the new vinyl graphics for striping.
Questions:
Where do I get said graphics?
Has anyone had any good/bad experience with these?
I talked to a guy at OSH last summer, but I can't find his card. He is the guy who did the graphics on the AOPA sweepstakes airplane.

I'll give a vote for Vince at flyboys he did mine, very reasonable also when the DAR said I had to have 12" after Vince allready did them in 3" Vince redid them so I had them before the Dar left. GaryZ

RE: Vinyl Graphic Suppliers

Merle: I used Airgraphics in WS on my -9A. It has been 3+ years and I am very satisfied. Dan

aerographics

I have use Aerographics a lot and they always do a great job.

Thumbs up to Jennifer at Aerographics. I used them for both the normal N number stuff and some custom vinyl. Jennifer sent me some color samples so I could be sure to get the best match. Jennifer was patient in going back and forth on the custom stuff. The results in look, scale, and colors were all spot on. The prices were very reasonable.

Woodway very positive

I don't have an RV but I have used Woodwaysigns.com Philip is great, they were able to match my paint color and the price and service were excellent. He's working on some additional stuff for me right now. He came up with a couple of schemes for me that were way better than anthing I came up with on my own.

For those of you who have used vinyl graphics....

...would you be able to post pictures of what was done?

Graphics etc.

Hi,
sorry, don't have graphics on my plane, but have been in the business 25+ years. ( ....like the shoe-makers' barefoot kids?!?!?)

search for 'vinyl' or 'decals' ...there are quite a few threads.

I'd like to say that you should be able to go to the nearest sign shop, within 2 miles of your plane, and get exactly what you want.
Sadly, even the local shop that is the recognized 'expert' in aircraft vinyl lettering apparently had their 17-year old rookie go out and do a job, or they cut and masked the product, then a mechanic who was not too familiar applied them!
Rather than running off at the mouth about my opinions on what should be done, how about anyone who wants some advice or cautionary input can call or e-mail? ( PM ok too)

just trying to help, rather than go flying.

250-768-3686
7-10pm pacific time weekdays- anytime weekends.

We have a few photos of our work on the web store. We'd have lots more, but the store software isn't set up for lots of photos and we'd rather make airplane parts than reprogram the software!

Here's a link: http://www.flyboyaccessories.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=69&zenid=qlcfvmhbmtou03s76r8shj4o75

One post mentioned installation technique being important. It is. However, anyone with a little patience and an extra set of hands can handle the job. I mean, heck, you built the rest of the plane, how hard could this be!?

BTW, thanks for the kind words. It means a lot. Like Red Green says "We're all in this together."

Hi Vince,

It just dawned on me about your company- I have purchased several of your products over the years, and they all perform well!

Prporter

Back