What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

wanted FI to learn to fly my -7

Lucio I-NLCM

Hello at all guys

After a lot of though, I decided to spend a couple of weeks in US for making experience and transition on RV-7.

After years in the shop and almost nothing in plane, the rust cover all my relative fly experience that was just on Cessna's family; some of you sure know what I mean.

I'm looking for a patient and available FI that can scratch that rust, give me the right approach to -7 and help me reaching the skill to safely deal the first fly on my RV. I'm available to fly every day at any time.

I've PPL and my flight log count about 400h and just 5 on TW so......
I've TW endorsement took last week flying Jodel D140 Mosquetair and a couple of session on Cap10 but, like all know, the paper not equal the skill.

My -7 is 200hp three with blade FP Catto prop , two P-Mags and glass SV panel, below some pic.
Obviously, the best should be meet a FI with a plane the most similar to mine but is not binding.

Due the job, I will be free from 10-11 July to 22-23 july, and my wife will come with me.

Thank in advance at all.
LC
29pp4y0.jpg

29cweme.jpg

mmdkkk.jpg

Lucio,

Mike Seager and Alex DeDominicis is who I used.

From the Van's website:

http://www.vansaircraft.com/public/training.htm

Mike is in the Pacific Northwest, and is the acknowledged "Dean" of RV instruction. Alex is in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and a builder and an IP.

I have flown with both, and they are great instructors you will learn a lot from!

Mike is a "full time" instructor, Alex part time with a job still as an ATC controller.

Both have an RV-7 available to instruct in.

I'm pretty sure Alex speaks Spanish, and may speak Italian too. He has family in Argentina (which has a large Italian immigrant population) I just can't remember if that language is in his skill set.

The downside to Alex's location-HOT in Texas in July (although he has air conditioned aircraft).

Nice and cool up in Oregon with Mike S.

These guys book up fast, so you'd better hurry if you want to get on their schedules that quick. Alex can be a little hard to get ahold of, took several calls/emails to finally get things rolling.

Good luck with it, and I hope you and your family enjoy your visit to the USA!

Hope that helped,

Rob S.

Lucio,

I did my RV Transition Training in central Florida with Jan Bussell, www.rv6flyjan.com.
He knows his stuff...

And, if ur ever in JAX, FL...look me up, we will go flyin in my RV-7...SV glass panel very similar to yours...

Cheers, Cam

Thanks a lot guy
Rob, you are right about Texas temperature, I'll check if Mike is available.
Cam, I like so much the Florida, I flew a lot there about 20 years ago, was wonderful time.... and age ; in case the compass points there I'll tell you, fly on your 7 is awesome idea, thanks.

If you end up with Mike Seager and have any extra time, I would love to have you help me look through some of the Fiat G.46 manuals and projects. I am slowly learning the technical terms but am a long way from understanding Italian. I can pick you up at Vernonia or Scappose where Mike typically does his instruction out of. We also have a very active RV community and other interesting birds at the airpark.

Lucio,

Your RV-7 looks beautiful. Nice panel.

Mike Seagar in Oregon gets booked up pretty fast. If you decide to go that route I suggest you get on his schedule soon.

I did 10 hours total with Mike over a three day period.

Mike is an amazing instructor and flying out of a grass strip in Vernonia was a very unique experience for me.

There's a great Bed and Breakfast nearby in the town of Vernonia. The accommodations were clean, quite and affordable with an amazing breakfast each morning.

very helpful tip Charlie , if I go in Vernonia, for sure I'll ask you some accommodation detail

Jon, in case.... of course !!

.... I would love to have you help me look through some of the Fiat G.46 manuals and projects. I am slowly learning the technical terms but am a long way from understanding Italian. I can pick you up at Vernonia or Scappose where Mike typically does his instruction out of. We also have a very active RV community and other interesting birds at the airpark.

PM sent.....

Ciao Lucio, just a question:
I'm assuming you hold a Italian/European PPL. Do you need to have your PPL convalidated by FAA to legally have flight instruction in the USA?
Cheers. Sergio.

Ciao Lucio, just a question:
I'm assuming you hold a Italian/European PPL. Do you need to have your PPL convalidated by FAA to legally have flight instruction in the USA?
Cheers. Sergio.

Ciao Sergio;
No, I don't need FAA convalidation, the EASA PPL, in my case IT-FCL issued by ENAC (Italian FAA), comply the ICAO standards privileges; that is the reply from Italian authority, so I could receive any instruction, ... I hope .

my best

Back