What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GA / Experimental experience in Central America

Randy

Well Known Member
GA / Experimental experience in Countries to the South

My wife and I have often considered spending our retirement years in one of the countries to the South, like Costa Rica, Panama, Mexico, Nicaragua etc. etc.

Aside from the obvious issues of visas, culture shock, and perhaps issues such as crime etc. I am wondering which countries are the most favorable to use of GA aircraft, and experimental aircraft in particular.

Any feedback from members here with first hand experiences would be appreciated.

I am somewhat familiar with issues involved with short visits, bit I am more interested in what it might be like to actually base an aircraft in one of those countries, and perhaps use to aircraft for occasional returns to the US.

Correction Made to Title...

Anyone with experience please chime in!

Last edited:
I lived in El Salvador for 3 1/2 years with my experimental airplane and flew it all over Central America. Each country is a little different so PM me and I will answer questions as best I can.

You can also read about our time there and some of the flying trips we took on our webpage:

Www.Puertoricoflyer.com

:cool:

Last edited:
Back