What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Electric Aileron Trim

Mike H

Well Known Member
Looking at the index page of the plans I see that there is a drawing listed for electric aileron trim in the options section on the far right side. I double checked the order form that I used when I ordered my kits and the only options were LED lights. I also looked at the wing drawings and did not see any mention of a roll trim servo. Does anyone have and information about this option?

Looking at the index page of the plans I see that there is a drawing listed for electric aileron trim in the options section on the far right side. I double checked the order form that I used when I ordered my kits and the only options were LED lights. I also looked at the wing drawings and did not see any mention of a roll trim servo. Does anyone have and information about this option?

As an option. When this option is chosen there will be separate plan sheets for it that are not included/mentioned in the standard plan set. If you did order the option double check the separate electric trim sub-kit for them.

Where as the 14 wings are shorter RV-10 wings I would assume Van's would also have provisions for aileron trim as they do for the RV-10. They can easily be installed later before mounting the wings. You could install them once mounted but I think it would be easier before.

Thanks Ron! I double checked my packing list and there was no aileron trim servo listed. I will call Vans and see if the trim servo option is available.

I talked to Vans this week. They said the electric aileron trim kit is not available yet. Neither is the landing light kit, although it is easy enought to just buy some lights and instal them.

Back