What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fwd.bagage bulkhead fluteing

Snap-roll

Has anyone manged to get the two fwd.bagageroom bulkheads flat and warpless? I?ve fluted the c**p out of them whithout any success, it seems like the stiffner indentions are causing the warp and I can?t figure out how to get the stress out, ideals?

I bought my slow-build -8 kit third-hand and the two forward bulkheads were not very straight at all. However, when placed on a flat surface, they would lay flat with light hand pressure. I used them as they were, without any additional fluting. Mark the flange center lines as described in the instructions, and when it comes time to install the forward top skin, match drill the bulkheads starting from the longerons, working up, cleco-ing every other hole, or so. Adjust the bulkhead position by hand as you go, keeping the flange center lines visible through the holes. Much later in the build, when the top skin is riveted in place, the bulkheads will be straight forever.

Hi Ken, thanks for the input! i sort of got to the same conclusion to just leva it as is and deal with it when the time comes for riveting, it is after all a very good area to get your hands into compaired with many other places in the ” fuse”

Cheers Johan

Back