What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My first annual

Reboot

I purchased an RV-6A last June and had flown it almost 200 hours before I had my annual two weeks ago. I had been reading the forums for about a year now so I decided to get my annual done by one of the guys on here that have shops and also builds. I ended up at Saint aviation because of my lack of planning and Jessie's ability to squeeze me in his busy schedule. I live in Chicago so central Fl is quite a ways to go for an annual. However I am really glad I chose to get it done by someone that knows RV's. You see I'm the guy with the latest bad tail. Jessie posted the pic a couple weeks ago. My plane has been flying for 18 years and had mutiple annuals and the bad tail was missed every time. Jessie's guys had the bad support bracket replaced in a day..
I can't say enough good things about Jessie, his guys, and his family. They all made me feel welcome. I stayed at Jessie's apartment, which was nice since the annual took a few extra days because of the tail and some extras I had done or needed to have done. I also learned a lot about my plane by doing the owner assisted annual. I know a lot of you are builders but for those that are not I highly recommend a owner assisted annual. Thank you Jessie!!!

Back