What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

glare shield defrost fan covers

I'm looking for some glareshield defrost fan covers to put on after I apply my black vinyl fabric covering. Does anyone know of a supplier that these can be purchased from?

The Stein air ones are nice looking and cheap! $8 each

https://www.steinair.com/product/defrost-fan-cover-plate/

Defrost-Fan-4-600x600.jpg

Cool on the 3d printed ones. Did you use ABS or PLA? Thinking ABS would be better in the heat/sun but I am a Ed printing rookie

We only had black in PLA so I used that. Hopefully it holds up OK but they will be really easy to swap out if I ever have issues with them. This weekend I cut the material I'm using on the glareshield and its going to look sweet with those vent covers installed.

The muffin fans I used from Digi-Key could be purchased with a stainless mesh cover. Spray painted black.
V

Last edited:
I just went down to a local electronics shop that had dozens of fans to choose from and Amazon for the grills. Used (4) 2 1/2" fans.

FP09032019A00032.jpg

FP09032019A00033.jpg

Rather than covers, I glued our glareshield vinyl over the entire surface and then cut the excess out of the design with an exacto knife. Looks very neat. Love the 3D printed ones.

glare shield fans and grills

glare shield fans and grills

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SjW4pD9vcS4PoLFA9

vinyl covering and trim edging from Cleaveland Aircraft Tool

fans and grills bought from amazon search with the following to find:

Pinfox 12V DC 120mm Quiet Cooling Fan Silent, Variable Speed Control by 5V to 12V Input, Dual Ball Bearings 3 Pin for PC Computer Case, Home Theater Cabinet, Receiver DVR Xbox, Incubator

ELUTENG 120mm Fan Filter 2 Pack IP40 Dustproof Blower Guard ABS Computer Ventilator Grill 12cm Fan Mesh Cover Tool-Free Fan Strainer Compatible for 120x120 Case Fan USB Cooling Fan

Glare shield fan grill

I went to the local hardware store and purchase some wire cloth/screen with about 3/16- 1/4? opening, the wire was about .020-.030? dia. I sprayed it with flat black primer. I sandwiched the grill between the fan and the glare shield, works great.

Back