Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2019, 09:50 AM

One thing to keep in mind is that KAPA is one of the busiest general aviation airports in the US, so if you aren't used to flying into busy controlled airports it could be a little overwhelming at the wrong time of day. The restaurant on the field (The Perfect Landing) is definitely worth a visit though.

KBJC is a good option. It can get busy too but not like KAPA does and there's plenty of restaurants and hotels pretty close to the airport.

Longmont is a nice town and KLMO would put you closer to Estes Park which would be a great sightseeing trip depending on road conditions.

As for museums in Denver, I have been to Wings Over the Rockies and the Denver Museum of Nature and Science and really enjoy both of them.
https://timsrv10blog.wordpress.com/
Old 03-15-2019, 10:14 AM

Default KLMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ato14a View Post
If you donít mind uncontrolled airspace KLMO Longmont is the best. if you call (3037722202) me I can recommend some things. Probably can find a hangar.

Dave shenk
My vote as well. I would offer my hangar but that's too short notice. I think they have Enterprise on site plus plenty of "cheap" hotels really close on 34.
I will buy you beer if you come up to Estes Park. I have a restored Coke machine full @ $.25 each and I know where the owner keeps the key.
Or we also have three breweries.
wirejock at yahoo dot com
Donated 12/27/2018. Plus a little extra.
RV-7A #73391, N511RV reserved (2,000+ hours)
HS SB, empennage, tanks, wings, fuse, working finishing kit
Disclaimer
I cannot be, nor will I be, held responsible if you try to do the same things I do and it does not work and/or causes you loss, injury, or even death in the process.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:53 AM

At Longmont, don't overfly the center of the field - that's where the jumpers land. They seem to be under canopy by 8k', usually, and the jump plane calls the drop on CTAF.

Dave
Old 03-15-2019, 01:12 PM

I spent a few days at BJC "Metro" and stayed at the Omni Interloken Hotel. It was a nice place but pricey (We got the discount rate of $132). They will pick you up at the airport. There are tons of restaurants in the area.