What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

houston

DeltaVee47

Hi all
I have tried searching the forums for info but no luck
I was wondering if there were any Houston area 14 builders to share thoughts and beers. I'm at IWS but there doesnt seem to be an active RV presence here and I can't exactly move the plane yet. The EAA chapter has great folks but no one is working on an RV at present that I can find.There's a beautiful -8 sitting right next to me in the hanger that I have never seen flown. Some days I am tempted to sell the 14 project and just buy this ready to fly 8. If there is a more RV active EAA chapter around town I am willing to travel. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Greg Beckner
N557GB
90% done, nowhere near flying.

EAA 302 in Conroe. Lots of active RVers. At least 1 14 under construction. Meetings are second Saturday of every month.

I also recommend you consider EAA 302. It is a large chapter with many active RV projects underway and a number of RVs flying. I'm aware of at least one RV-14 nearly completed, plus several RV-10s in progress, and an assortment of other experimentals.

I've found everyone in the chapter friendly and willing to help.

Cheers

I was just in Conroe to do a prebuy. What an enthusiastic bunch of RV builders!!! They told me they have 41 RV's under construction, and I did see one RV-14 that is getting pretty close.
My guess is that you will find an airplane or 2 to look at and make some wonderful friends at the same time. :)
They have a donut get-together every monday at 10 AM.

Vic

Greg,

I am in the Katy area, about to start an RV-14A, and am considering IWS to base the airplane. However, I am a long way from getting to that point. I think I have the same sentiment about the local EAA chapter so thanks to the suggestions here, I will check out the Conroe chapter at my next opportunity. As far as getting together for beers to share thoughts, count me in because I am going to need a lot of thoughts when I get this going in the next month or so.

Thanks to all for the recommendation for 302. I will certainly get with them.
Bob- anytime you want to look at my project at IWS let me know. I?m in G3 on the west side
Greg Beckner

Back