What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-6A - N278JG - Barrett Thompson

thompsonbr87

Well Known Member
I'm a long-time lurker, someday hopeful builder, and now, proudly, and RV owner! I finally took the plunge and picked up an RV-6A.

I'm in the process of moving from Seattle, WA to Nashville, TN. The seller agreed to deliver it, and as tempting as it was to have it brought to me in Washington, I have a lot to do to prepare for the move. If I had it here, NONE of that would get done. Something about acting like a responsible adult and all... Unfortunately that means I won't get to fly it for another couple of weeks, but it is comfortably tucked into a hangar and anxiously waiting for me!

I had a prebuy done by Loyd Remus from Colorado Springs, who was very friendly, reasonable, and knowledgeable. I also had a fantastically smooth transaction with the seller (who has also built an RV-7). In my lurking, I've always been impressed with the depth of knowledge and willingness to help that I've seen on this forum, and I'm looking forward to being a part of that. I've already started a list of things I would like to do to it (because who hasn't), but for now, the thing I want to do most is fly it. I would love to meet some others in the area who could give me some in-person ownership, flying, and maintenance guidance.

Ltvtttg02IprVsttr1d3M9ojtnGPOVPJXMeEJYRY68YhmsLK91hd1n9o7cpphxRcrMjJPB_ga-W0iV8x3RkEU9OvYdslJvWG3Gv3k-_Of81Z18nnLbUu24Yh001w3RSkh8u9QXRb-WKjEk_7LH0JdcQyQ4Faug3_neq_lj-Dw8Ky1vxwDvqHa_9zEMoBDfvDzkICOFHMUdSbgxrtsjr0QfqORKG3dT68FcBYPyxA_SPzy1oZIGqKbO0eAyWDGBWoaSxPPBaVDnJqY5C3q8NBVPJ3GxtpHDUsBbQ33ehFbQ0IuPiGbIIJVR8oRM5mE7qo18h0vhGZlZ5rKhjForrtdplleg4Fydu4-3jT_wQqX58TQ8srV1_gIyncLzH2C9aUhhjoSTngYuVmNfCi5bnFQJ5x0cDHKY3rWwoNbMM8rTKdKFrBbjJppAo34BzOGY7kVsQkc632pKtH7LOPmcbFsUgeKsfi3qajrc9EE3RgmwRlPVcOniimZ0MDZoHvjmqC-DOLfh-x8gvfRvrHiHAYaTJu6yOlx47vvo5bjLwrZF_l56F3vP9FCh-jdnqEtvG8-_CTWGthCMUEweMNCdhrN4xk_nHdphKqj2A3cA0=w1881-h1058-no

Hi Barrett,

Really Sharp RV6A. Congratulations, but waiting 2 weeks to fly it would be torture.

See you at AirVenture.

Back