What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sikaflex quantity and where to buy?

dwranda

Well Known Member
Wondering where everyone purchased their sika to bond their canopies. I see Amazon has it so it probably can't be a much easier purchase than that. How much do I need also?
Thanks!!

Merritt Marine Supply is usually a few bucks cheaper. I think I went through 2 tubes. Be careful though. You'll end up having to buy the primer again down the road unless you're ready to bond both the canopy and windscreen at the same time. The primer has a relatively short half-life, compared to a typical build project. ;)

+1 for Jamestown Distributors. They ship orders quickly and usually ship product with plenty of time left before it expires.

just made an order the other day from merritt after checking Jamestown. I chose to save $60 by ordering from merritt. I ordered 205 209 and two tubes of 295UV

just made an order the other day from merritt after checking Jamestown. I chose to save $60 by ordering from merritt. I ordered 205 209 and two tubes of 295UV

I also noticed the prices at Merritt were quite a bit cheaper than Jamestown. I will be placing an order with them. Thanks everyone!!

Keep the products in a refrigerator (you do have a hangar fridge, right?) and they will last much, much longer. In the case of primer, pretty much indefinitely.

Back