What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vacuum pump adapter to engine gasket

splevy

I found signs an oil leak from the engine into the vacuum pump on the O-320-EG2 in my Grumman. It appears that the lip seal around the shaft in the accessory adapter has failed. I located the oil seal and vacuum pump to adapter gasket, but have had trouble finding the part number and a source for the gasket that goes between the vacuum pump adapter and the case.

Any leads would be much appreciated.

Stan

N67SL (reserved)
RV-7A (fuse)
KCCB

N6085L
Grumman AA5
KCCB

P/N 61183
Good Luck,
Mahlon
"The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."

Resurrecting this thread. I have the same problem: bad oil seal on the vacuum pump accessory pad (where my backup alternator is installed). Oil is getting in the alternator and slinging all over the place.

I just have a technique question. What is the best way to remove the oil seal in the vacuum pad adapter? Kinda scratching my head here. I was about to screw a sheet metal screw into it and then yank it out with vice grips, but that didn't seem very "elegant". What is the correct way to do this?

Back