What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Throttle/mixture cables on forward facing sump?

Beer30?

Well Known Member
Hello all,

I'm getting ready to order final engine stuff, and have a quick question on throttle and mixture cables. As per OP-26, an IO-360 would use a 49.5" mixture cable and a 50.5" throttle cable. Does any one know if these are the correct lengths for a forward facing sump with AFP fuel injection?

Thanks,

David

There may be someone with your exact setup who can help, but you might just need to make your own measurements when you get your engine mounted. I needed a longer mixture cable and shorter prop control cable for my ECI Sump/Precision FI configuration.

I think I'll wait

I finally found a thread that talks about this, and my conclusion is just to wait and measure myself, as well. I was going to try to buy one of the ones that are for sale, but probably better to wait.

Thanks,

David

Mixture linkage

Can anyone ID this Mixture Control Linkage Assy?
sc-mixture.jpg

You better wait and measure. I had to use the longest Vans had and the the extensions from ACS to stay away from the special order lengths. I have the Superior sump.

Hello all,

I'm getting ready to order final engine stuff, and have a quick question on throttle and mixture cables. As per OP-26, an IO-360 would use a 49.5" mixture cable and a 50.5" throttle cable. Does any one know if these are the correct lengths for a forward facing sump with AFP fuel injection?

Thanks,

David

I had the Vans sourced IO-360 M1B and the stock controls were just right. But if yours is not, then definitely wait.

Like Mike, I tried to use the longest Van's had and still ended up just short, ended up special-ordering a custom length. You're better off to measure it exactly after you have the servo mounted. I am running the IO360M1B with AFP injection and Superior forward facing sump.

Back