What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-7 Seat Backs for Parachutes

ChuckGant

Well Known Member
Hello all,
We own an RV7, but did not build it. I has a very nice interior, with nice, padded seat backs. Because of the padding, there is not enough room to wear our backpack style parachutes. My thought was to build new seat backs, without padding, to easily install and take out when wearing our parachutes. I have looked at the plans and found that it appears I need the following parts from Vans:
F-637A
F-637B-L
F-637B-R
F-637C
F-637D
F-637E
F-638

However, when I look at "The List" on Van's website, only F-637A is listed. I would welcome any input regarding wearing chutes in an RV7 and building new seat backs for this purpose.
Thanks,
Chuck

F-637A and F-638 are Van's parts. The rest are fabricated from AL angle and hinge stock. Instructions and dimensions are on DWG 30 of the RV-7 plans.

Van's sells it, as does Spruce and other places. It's just regular piano hinge, cut to length. I think the part number is on the plans page, I'm not at my regular computer to check.

a little late reading this but another option is the almost 14 mod from antisplataero.

Back