What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

"MoJo" got her new clothes

woodmanrog

Well Known Member
Well, it finally came to pass. After a few delaying glitches, our RV14A finally is out of the paint shop. Joe and his crew did an incredible job duplicating the design done by Myra and Scheme Designers. I can't thank our builder assist (2 Bums Aircraft) and Hawk Aircraft Painting enough for all of their help and co-operation. The enclosed pic is of Myra Jane with "MoJo" (the planes new moniker), showing how she felt as we were preparing to fly her home. More detailed photos to follow.

23vm3hx.jpg

Gorgeous paint job

Joe painted mine 8 years ago and it still looks great.
Where are you based?
Let me know if you're interested in small group flyouts or meets for breakfast/lunch.

Would enjoy doing a walk around on your 14.

Good Luck!

looks good! those wheel pants must have taken awhile to do. seeing that tired Mooney in the background makes me wonder what the GA landscape is going to look like in 20 years.

roger, nice to see the final results of your dream plane. good luck with your future flights. OSH this year?

2 more photos of "MoJo"

Here are a couple of pics coming home yesterday from a fly-in. We still get a thrill every time we look at this plane and realize what we have done.
w7xydd.jpg

wbc6bs.jpg

I saw this airplane today in VRB!

What a beautiful airplane.

Funny, I could have swore 2 women were flying it and no WoodmanRog in site :D

Couldn't make it to Osh this year but looking forward to S&F and Oshkosh 2018. We are located at KHWO near Ft. Lauderdale. Myra just completed a flight to San Antonio, TX and reported that the plane flew flawlessly. Almost time for the 100 hour oil change and inspection.

Jack,
You are correct in that there were 2 ladies at Vero Saturday. I'm hoping Myra will let me fly "MoJo" occasionally. (That's a joke---- kinda) My wife belongs to 2 womens flying groups, the 99's and The Grasshoppers. She will put a lot of hours on in the next couple of years.

Back