What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gas tank retrofit

Dave12

Well Known Member
I don't know if this has been discussed, but could someone at Kosh look into the feasibility of retrofitting the new tank to the standard 12?

I don't know if this has been discussed, but could someone at Kosh look into the feasibility of retrofitting the new tank to the standard 12?

You would have to Jerry mander (I mean re-engineer) attach points..going to look into this myself.

I suspect we are just going to have to wait for the new plans and parts to become available so we can see if the new tank can be retrofitted into the existing fuselage. That was my plan at least.

You would have to relocate the ELT.

Also, I store a heap of stuff in the center channel. It looks to be hard to access that space with the new fuel tank placed over it.

You would have to relocate the ELT.

Also, I store a heap of stuff in the center channel. It looks to be hard to access that space with the new fuel tank placed over it.

Same here Tony. I probably carry 20 lbs. on the center section.

i am just about done building, engine has been run.for the past year i have been kicking around the idea of building my own tank.osh was a real surprise. my plywood mockup looks way like the new tank but i can carry 28 gallons.my tank extends aft a couple more inches..7 gallon sump thru the floor.
i have done the removeable seat brace mod so my tank will be able to be fitted and removed any time.

You would have to Jerry mander (I mean re-engineer) attach points..going to look into this myself.

Ok, so this has nothing to do with fuel tanks, but you're crossing your euphemisms. As an old sailor, I am quite the term buff.... Jerry Rig, comes from the old english Jury Rig, which has nothing to do with "a jury of your peers", but rather nautically speaking, it was to build a make-shift sail to get an impaired vessel moving.

Gerry Mandering, OTH, is about redistricting voting precincts to the majority parties favor, which comes from around 1812 when Gov. Gerry of Mass. started the process...

Happy Sunday. :)

Ok, so this has nothing to do with fuel tanks, but you're crossing your euphemisms. As an old sailor, I am quite the term buff.... Jerry Rig, comes from the old english Jury Rig, which has nothing to do with "a jury of your peers", but rather nautically speaking, it was to build a make-shift sail to get an impaired vessel moving.

Gerry Mandering, OTH, is about redistricting voting precincts to the majority parties favor, which comes from around 1812 when Gov. Gerry of Mass. started the process...

Ron...my wife gets on my case all the time for "Murdering" the English language; so I am use to being castized🤓. Happy Sunday back at you!

i am just about done building, engine has been run.for the past year i have been kicking around the idea of building my own tank.osh was a real surprise. my plywood mockup looks way like the new tank but i can carry 28 gallons.my tank extends aft a couple more inches..7 gallon sump thru the floor.
i have done the removeable seat brace mod so my tank will be able to be fitted and removed any time.

I would love to see some pics/drawings once you're done.

Yes, that's what Ric wants to do. He wants to redistrict (gerry mander) his fuel tank to a new location! :D

Jim

Jerry Mander is watching closely and has mentioned a libel/slander suit. Watch what you say fellers.

Back