What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

7/8 Engine Choice

Staunch

I'm New Here
I'm reaching out, wondering if any 7 or 8 builders have recently installed (or currently considering) installing a Viking 180 or 195 turbo. I am fully aware of the Eggenfeller saga, significantly reduced resale value etc and ask for there to be no comments on such. By all means PM if you prefer. Thanks!

I'm reaching out, wondering if any 7 or 8 builders have recently installed (or currently considering) installing a Viking 180 or 195 turbo. I am fully aware of the Eggenfeller saga, significantly reduced resale value etc and ask for there to be no comments on such. By all means PM if you prefer. Thanks!

No comment on the Viking, but if I were building another I would consider the UL-520. It seems to have a lot of advantages with the light weight, high power (200hp), modern electronic ignition and fuel injection, air cooled....seems a few people have put UL engines in their RV's. There is a thread in the TEMP section.

Titan's great choice

If you want a state of the art engine with many improvements to the
original design of a horizontally opposed "flat" engine, consider Titan.
We can install electronic ignition and have many other options. Continental factory support too.

If you want a state of the art engine with many improvements to the
original design of a horizontally opposed "flat" engine, consider Titan.
We can install electronic ignition and have many other options. Continental factory support too.

Can't help myself... Do yourself (and the rest of us that enjoy EAB) a favor and follow JB's advice.

Our dollars

Not here to give advice but I understand your wanting an option to a new engine that?s likely gonna cost in our dollars upwards to 50K !
If I was flying over the Outback like you are , I would look for a good used engine to tweek up to your needs , Van said it best ?the best engine conversion is to convert eight or $10,000 into a used lycoming engine? !

Back