What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Im so spoiled!

Jonathan Alvord

Well Known Member
OK I am a 40 hour PPL in a 172, with another 450 hours following that in my RV7A, and recently started flying Cessna 182 with a friend who is working on his pilots license. My wife has been telling me she wants a 4 seater, so we took her up in the 1956 182 (jump plane). I know a jump plane is notoriously a piece of work (meaning always needing something), but it does seat 4 and for that I am jealous of his, but my RV7A is just AWESOME, and my wife loves that fact that she can look at the Glass cockpit and have a sense of where we are. I've told her that we could get a 4 seater but I won't sell the RV. A RV10 would be nice but I really like doing Aileron rolls across the country, the 7 is so easy to move into/out of the hanger, and 95% of the time I only have to fly with me or my wife or friend.
After flying the 182 this weekend (which is like a school bus) compared the the RV 7 (Ferrari). I think I will stick with the 7 and borrow the 182 when needed. haha!

That wasn't really a fair comparison showing your wife a 1956 C182 jump plane. Just don't take her up in a well appointed RV-10 with glass panel, or you will soon be building an RV-10. Now that's spoiled! (grin)

Have you thought about buying into a partnership on a 4 seat plane. If you are mot going to use it much that might be a good way to go.

I'm a lucky guy.
My brother & I own a 172 together. I'm building an RV9A, I should have it completed within the year. He has an RV9A he built a few years ago.

Back