What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT EFIS - Marker in log files?

rv8ch

Well Known Member
Patron
Does anyone know how to put a "marker" in the log files produced by the GRT EFIS? I have the sport ex model, but I assume if there is a trick it will work for all. What I'm looking for is a way to tell the EFIS to indicate in the log file (CSV) when I push a button or do something else that will indicate an event.

Of course, I can write down the time, or power off something that will show up in the log file, but thought perhaps they have something a bit more elegant. Thanks for any tips.

I asked the same question by email a day or two ago (I'm leaning heavily to a Horizon 10.1 system now and I've been hitting them with lots of questions over the past week). Apparently there's not a dedicated event marker function.

But, I would think you could pick an analog input and tie it to a normally-open switch that passes voltage when closed, and set it up as a status indicator. Then in your data file you could just look for when the voltage is above 2V or something like that, and you know that's your marker.

Really, something like that is just what we see in large-aircraft FDR recordings anyway. You have an "event marker" field and you just looks for where it goes from 0 to 1.

Back