What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lost interface between D180 and G496

30752mr

Pulled out G496 and downloaded latest upgrade. Reinstalled and now I have lost interface with Dynon D180 HSI. Connections are good and worked perfect before I touched it. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

If you are referring to the interface sub tab setting I didn't know there was a normal vs fast. Will check and let you know. Was also getting ready to update D180 as part of condition inspection. Any advice? It looks simple, but until I understand what's happened with the gps I'm holding off. Thanks Joe

If the connection on the rear of the 496 are like the 396 , then the you may want to take a closer look at that rather poor plug in cable. I ve had problems with that plug not making up very well in times past . I believe there are 4 wires in that plug. 2 are the comm for that serial connection format.

Just returned from airport and issue is resolved. It was the baud rate settings. Appears the G496 when set for NMEA in/out has a default baud rate of 4800 and the D180 was set for 9600. Changed the D180 to 4800 and communication was restored. Thanks to all for your inputs.

Back