What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How To Declutter Dynon HDX Map

PhatRV

Well Known Member
I just powered up my Dynon HDX display on my test bench. The map display has a lot of clutters as seen in the red circle below, showing up as these little orange hat symbols. A huge number of them appear close to KLGB for example. Do you guys know what these hat symbols represents and how I can get rid of them in the display?

These clutters go away when I zoom the map out to about 50nm.

Picture of the map display
49977323151_39a39dbdb6_z.jpg

Thanks

Yes, you can specify what items you want displayed and at what range on the screen. Go into SETUP, then MAP SETUP > MAP ITEMS.

The map display has a lot of clutters as seen in the red circle below, showing up as these little orange hat symbols. A huge number of them appear close to KLGB for example. Do you guys know what these hat symbols represents and how I can get rid of them in the display?

Yes: they are things you will crash into; you get rid of them by flying higher.

(I checked the date, it's not April 1st.)

Wow the maps looks better now with the obstacles set to off. Can’t imagine anyone leave this as default in an urban are like Los Angeles Metropolitan. Every 6 story building is designated as an obstacle it seems.

As others mentioned it’s not a issue when you start flying. Normally you will be in a very short range scale for takeoff and start stepping the scale out as you climb. By the time you reach pattern altitude most obstacles are gone from the screen even if you step it out to a longer range. It’s a great safety feature I would leave turned on when you fly. You will find Dynon has it well thought out.
G

Back