What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Non-certified G5 + GMC507 coupled LOC/ILS

Does anyone know if it's possible to fly a coupled ILS with the non-certified G5? What I'd like to do is the following:

Code:
GNS 430W <-> GAD 29 <-> Dual G5 <-> GMC 507 <-> GSA 28

My understanding is that the GAD29 will take the GPS and NAV data from the 430 and feed that to the G5. The G5 will then drive the GSA 28 servos using mode controls from the GMC 507.

The certified G5 + GFC500 pilot's guide indicates that you can enter a GS mode to fly a LOC/ILS, however the non-certified G5 guide makes no mention of a GS mode... only GP mode for GPS approaches. However, given that the hardware is the same(?) between the certified G5 + GFC500 and non-certified G5 + GMC507 + GSA28, I'm hoping that combination will also allow me to fly a coupled ILS. Does anyone have this setup that can confirm this is possible?

G5 ILS

Does anyone know if it's possible to fly a coupled ILS with the non-certified G5? What I'd like to do is the following:

Code:
GNS 430W <-> GAD 29 <-> Dual G5 <-> GMC 507 <-> GSA 28

My understanding is that the GAD29 will take the GPS and NAV data from the 430 and feed that to the G5. The G5 will then drive the GSA 28 servos using mode controls from the GMC 507.

The certified G5 + GFC500 pilot's guide indicates that you can enter a GS mode to fly a LOC/ILS, however the non-certified G5 guide makes no mention of a GS mode... only GP mode for GPS approaches. However, given that the hardware is the same(?) between the certified G5 + GFC500 and non-certified G5 + GMC507 + GSA28, I'm hoping that combination will also allow me to fly a coupled ILS. Does anyone have this setup that can confirm this is possible?

Yes this system is capable of coupling to an ILS and tracking the glideslope down. It seems that information was removed from the Pilot's guide in error. We will get this fixed up. In the meantime, the certified manual you have provides a good explanation of the procedure for this type of approach.

Thanks,

Justin

Back