What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin GTN750 squelch adjust

JackinMichigan

Well Known Member
I've got an RV10 with a custom built Garmin panel with a GTN750 primary radio, a GNC255 secondary radio, and a GMA240 audio controller, and I have 2 minor issues I can't figure out:

1. The GTN750 has a lot of static bleed thru when tuned to my home airport frequency. It's as if the squelch needs to be turned up. The manual says the squelch is automatic, but it's obviously not doing it's job. How do I turn it up?

2. When using my secondary radio I can't hear myself while transmitting. Some volume setting is turned all the way down. How do I hear myself while transmitting?

I've submitted these questions directly to Garmin tech support and haven't heard anything back. It's been 2 weeks.

don't know about the 750, but my 430 has a s/w configuration option for squelch level. Take a look at the manual to see if the 750 has one as well. You could increase it by 5 or 10 adn see if that helps.

Larry

Both adjustments are in the secret hidden menu. Boot up while holding some key down, is it ?direct??

Booting up whilst holding the Direct-to key will put the unit into Demo mode. To get into config mode, boot-up whilst holding down the Home key.

Back