What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gascolator drain

...and as far as I can tell in an RV with 7yrs and 1300hrs, completely worthless to have onboard.

Couldn't agree more with 3 years and 1000... the whole gascolator thingy will be ditched very soon :)

PS Sam what kind of stick grip you have? pic from your gallery

Last edited:
I like your idea. Can't say I've ever gotten water out of my gascolator but after replacing a fuel tank sender and resealing (I thought I had been careful and cleaned the debris up) I was amazed at the amount of crud that was caught by the gascolator. Now if you have a different filter somewhere in you fuel system you may be good to go without it.

...after replacing a fuel tank sender and resealing (I thought I had been careful and cleaned the debris up) I was amazed at the amount of crud that was caught by the gascolator. Now if you have a different filter somewhere in you fuel system you may be good to go without it.
Except the crud would have just clogged the filter, and without a checkable drain you wouldn't have known about it until you weren't getting fuel anymore. Probably while airborne.

Back