What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

It took a while, but it finally happened!

milt1492

After 752 days, 67 flight hours, 2 flight instructors, 2 repeat stage 3 checks, 2 Private Oral exams, one checkride postponed for 10 months due to weather and schedule conflicts, lack of money, many many many attempts at short field landings, and 1 check ride retry. (Darn short field landings!) I have finally earned my Private Pilot Certificate. This momentous occasion was followed by a flight with my first passenger and wife, Heidi. Also, I think I have finally discovered a good technique for consistently hitting the spot on short field landings. I couldn’t be happier. I think I will treat myself to a set of RV-3 preview plans.

So, to that end, I would like to thank all of you for what you have shared in this forum that helped to keep me motivated to keep pushing to earn this. The drive to finish was fueled by the desire to build and fly my own RV. The journey is not over by any stretch, but additional ratings are being put on the backburner until I can save enough money to pay for them all and then knock them out. As far as the RV-3 bug is concerned, I would like to thank Randy Lervold, Paul Dye and Louise Hose, Rob Holmes, and everyone else who has built one or is in the process of building one for infecting me with “tresitis.” (Yes, I made that up) I look at the pictures you have all posted and am impatient for updates of your progress. DR thanks for this great site, it has been motivating me to build since a deployment to an undisclosed location in the Middle East since 2004. The only thing that came close to providing as much pleasure during those hot, humid days was the awesome pool! (With that…some of you may know where I’m talking about)

PrivatePilotfirstflight9-23-2011-2.jpg

Last edited:
Milt,

Congrats and way to hang in there through all the challenges! Tresitis...ha, ha, that's funny. Guess I have a case of sieteitis (did I spell that right?)

Also, thank you for your service to our country.

Be careful, enjoy, and God bless.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 752 days, 67 flight hours, 2 flight instructors, 2 repeat stage 3 checks, 2 Private Oral exams, one checkride postponed for 10 months due to weather and schedule conflicts, lack of money, many many many attempts at short field landings, and 1 check ride retry. (Darn short field landings!) I have finally earned my Private Pilot Certificate.

Good for you, you are going to end up so happy you stuck with it.:D

I know where

I know exactly what location you are talking about, and I'm actually there right now reading VAF and itching to get back home to my RV-6.

Congrats and thank you for your service to our country. Glad out made it home from the sand box.

Pilot License and the "Awsome Pool"

If it is near the Chilli's, I am tracking...

Congratulations on the PPL and for stepping up to do your part over there.

Back