What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Door seals

dspender

Well Known Member
It looks as though the McMaster Carr door seals sit on the cabin lip around the edge of the fuselage door as opposed to the door seals vans supplies that appear to attach to the inner cabin door. Is that correct?

Yes, but after removing the rain gutter around the door frame. Ivan Kristensen has a great video depicting what you need to do on his Phanfare site.

I have watched that site. He could sell that as a teaching video/segment. It looked like the plan using McMaster Carr door seals was to trim back the cabin lip just enough around the cabin door opening to accommodate the door and then rebuild the lip as necessary to support a good fit with the McMaster Carr seals as the door closes against them. The plans look like Van's placed a sticky seal onto the door itself and trust it will seal against the cabin lip.

Post link Please

I did a google search for the door seal video and could not find it. I was on Ivan's site but still could not find the video or door seal information. Could someone with tech saavy please post the link. I've painted my 10, but have no door seals yet.

Thanks so much.

Kenny Gene
Wichita Kansas area
Rv 7a 294TC AWC 9-07 690 hours sold 11-11
Rv10 484TC AWC 10-10 410 hours

Back