What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

(IO320DIA) quick drain oil valve ( blue slider )

ron sterba

Well Known Member
(RV9A) I have that quick oil drain and it?s got a very slightly leak to it. I do see a slight wet oil scheen on my lower part of my inside cowling and more of a wet oil presence on the valve itself. Is there a ?O? ring in the valve assembly ??? Can it be replaced or do I buy a new valve?! About 7 hours passed since last wiping of the valve. Thanks
Ron In Oregon

Got a heads up on the Safe-Air quick drain oil valve. On a flat of the valve is the model number. Yep found it next to the engine block. Sent the company a question, replace the valve or repair it! Let you know as soon as Safe-Air returns my email.
Ron in Oregon.

i believe there are two orings in the valve. i replace both every year. :)
been able to get the rings at ace hardware.
IMG-1979.jpg

KIT

They sell a kit (p5000k) with the orings and a clip. I sell them for 6.75 but you should be able to find one local. If not I can send you a kit.

Jesse
970-874-7575

Thanks Ed and Jesse, went to Vans today and got a new valve. Good to know now I’ll have a spare to replace “O” rings on. Ok Iam here. Ace & Jesse I’ll keep it in mind. Thanks Guys
Ron in Oregon

Back