What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any interest in an RV-12 builders gathering at OSH

fr0gpil0t

Well Known Member
Anyone interested in getting together - Tuesday or Wed ?

Would be good to hear from the guys working on the RV12iS builds.

Robert

Oshkosh get together

I would be interested.

Our non-profit is building an RV12IS with a group of high school students.

Myself and 2 other Mentors will be there.

Tuesday or Wednesday would be great.

Thanks

Stop by Fort Atkinson airport (61C) the Saturday before Airventure and see and talk to many RV-12 builders. It is a great time with many RV-12 planes and plenty of great food. This is a must stop for any RV-12 owner or builder. Email the host Ron Chisholm at rfchisholm (at) gmail

If this years RV-12 builders gathering ends up being on Tuesday, you can count me in ... there was a nice gathering last year.

Happy RV-12ing,

If this years RV-12 builders gathering ends up being on Tuesday, you can count me in ... there was a nice gathering last year.

Happy RV-12ing,

There was a gathering last year? I remember one a few years back.

I attend Oshkosh almost every year so sometimes things seem to run together .... the RV-12 get together I was referring to was at the brand new pavilion that was built at homebuilt camping. Believe it was last year on a Wednesday ... but I may be having a "senile delinquent" moment.

Attended last year and plan for 2018. Large group but I only got to talk to a few people. As usual I quickly forgot their names. How about name tags this year?

Also I'm going to print up a few airplane "business cards" that includes contact and VAF handle. That would be great to have for us that are name challenged. Personally I remember names better when associated with their RV.

As I suggested the idea I'm happy to do the leg work to pull this together but need a bit of guidance.

What was done in the past - do we just pick a place gather, do we have to reserve an area, do we need food or beer.

I have a rental car so can grab something or order pizza etc.

Robert

Last year was nice, we had a good gathering of RV-12 builders. I think we met on Wednesday at the new Homebuilt Camping Pavilion around noon. It would probably be a logistics nightmare to try and organize food and drink, but it would be fun to meet again.

2djcfx4.jpg

2wg6w3t.jpg

Meet and greet

Last year we met Wednesday at noon at the homebuilt shelter house, see you all at noon On Wednesday at the shelter house.

I?ll be there working on the OWW that day and will try to drop by on my lunch hour. Name tags are a great idea if someone wants to volunteer.

Oh man, the one year I don?t go to KOSH...

Paste this on a cold one for me and I?ll see you guys next year for sure.
-
23rttn4.png

I?ll be there working on the OWW that day and will try to drop by on my lunch hour. Name tags are a great idea if someone wants to volunteer.

Calling Joe Arluck! In 2012 or 2013 Joe, from Livermore, CA, handled the gathering and made name tags with each builder's information. I'll wear mine again this year.

Jerre

What part of the OSH airport is the Homebuilt Shelter in?

Just to be clear...if you are asking for directions when onsite, it's called the Homebuilt Camping Pavilion (not the homebuilt shelter). It's on the far West end of Homebuilt Aircraft Parking.

Last year was the first year the Pavilion was open, so even some ground personnel at OSH were confused when I asked for directions. Don't let them send you to the Homebuilder's Hangar or Homebuilder's HQ!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Any chance we could have a designated RV-12 HBC parking area? Like done at SNF. Who to ask? Jerry?

As it happened by arrival on Saturday afternoon last year, 3- RV-12 were able to park next to each other in HBC at the North side of the P1 taxiway south of the warbirds. It was fun to share/look and learn. All others were widely disbursed.

Would you guys mind if a civilian joined you?

I had a Piper for 20 years and sold it last fall. So I'll be driving in this year. I'm starting to have a lot of interest in getting an RV-12 but I need a lot more information than one can glean from the internet...

Any chance we could have a designated RV-12 HBC parking area? Like done at SNF. Who to ask? Jerry?

As it happened by arrival on Saturday afternoon last year, 3- RV-12 were able to park next to each other in HBC at the North side of the P1 taxiway south of the warbirds. It was fun to share/look and learn. All others were widely disbursed.

Hope to see you again this year Scott. I'm targeting to arrive Sat afternoon again, but probably without the other two RV-12s i flew in with last year. (assuming of course that my prop hub inspection goes smoothly this afternoon :eek:)
Brent.

Last edited:
HI to the 12 guys.

I was looking through the morning posts and saw this. Just an idea that worked very well and may become a tradition with the 8 gang after last year.
They had wanted name tags, but forgot, so one of the guys grabbed a roll of duck tape and broke off some 6-7" strips. That along with a felt pen did the trick. I remember it so well because I forgot to take mine off and had walked around to the booths for a half day tell one of the venders said that's a grate name tag you've got. Just a thought to you guys. Yours, R.E.A. III # 80888

One Week Wonder Volunteers

The One Week Wonder volunteers have to get their picture taken at 12:30PM.

I don?t know how many folks from this group will be there, but we?ll be busy at the time posted for the gathering.

FYI

Sorry about the conflict. I have to be at OWW site at 12:45, and the locations are too far apart to make the trip. 😢Maybe next year.......

Saying hi to all my RV-12 friends...

BigJohn

We did have a RV-12 get together at the HB pavilion at noon on Wednesday. I got captured answering questions from a few builders without their planes flying yet. From that without anyone else coming forward I became the leader. I believe we had over 15 participants with the other RV-12 folks committed to the One Week Wonder. Only one other participant flew in. He shared his experience on performance at high attitude fields at gross for his cross country from Seattle. We also discussed low flight, Oshkosh arrival, Service Bulletins, fuel and fuel system problems, test flights, opinions on the 12 and other topics of interest. At 1 someone took a photo of remaining folks. (please post or send to me and I'll post) The remaining builders went to my plane for construction tips.

It was good meeting you and thanks for taking the lead with the discussions. Definitely learned a few things when we were at you plane too!

Back