What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-9 Back

bhassel

Well Known Member
I ordered my emp kit for the 9 (there were no A's then) in Feb of 2002 and proceeded with the build. Life got in the way, we had a couple of other kit/plans starts along the way including getting pretty far through an RV-12. In the end I just couldn't pull the trigger on the next $50k - 60k on the 12 for the final pieces; engine & avionics. I think I can get this built for less.

Now I still have that emp kit in the office, well protected after a few moves and I'm thinking about getting the 9 wing kit.

How long is the wing spar?

Also, I built the 12 wing flat on a 4'x12' work bench and it came out great. Is the wing stand still being used for building the 9 wing? I build an EAA wing stand to hold the wings after they were built but that's different; I'll build another after the 9 wings are built.

Thanks,

Bob

While not recommended, I do know of at least one set of wings (not mine) that were built on sawhorses that came out perfectly straight.

Regard the RV-9 without the "A", it sounds like you should continue to build it without the "A". The world needs more -9 taildraggers!

Back