What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Greetings from a new builder.

RandyAB

Well Known Member
Hello all.

After a number of months lurking and wishing and more recently having met two local fabulous members who are building an RV7 and have just built an RV10, I've decided to commit myself to an RV 10. The empennage is "in the mail"!. I wanted to introduce myself to this group. My name is Randy and I am from St. Albert, Alberta, Canada. As a first time builder, I'm very sure that I'll relying of the vast knowledge that the members of this forum collectively share. I look forward to building and to following others builds along! It is nice to belong to such a wonderful community!

All the best!
Randy Pulis
St,Albert, Alberta, Canada
RV10: Empennage ordered
2017 Dues Paid

Thank you guys! I can't wait to meet some of you at Sun'n'Fun in April and check ;your builds and ask a million questions! :D

Welcome to the Family

Look me up at Homebuilt Parking. I will be there volunteering with orange wands, an orange vest and a goofy smile on my face (all week). Let's do lunch and talk RVs.

Congrats on your build decision Randy

I am looking forward to watching your build grow into a plane and bangin a few rivets with ya!

Congrats on the new adventure you're taking on.
Love my RV's (7&10). Plan on flying down to SnF in the 10 again this year
Im in Rocky Mountain House so just a short flight away -maybe we will run into you soon.

Congrats on the new adventure you're taking on.
Love my RV's (7&10). Plan on flying down to SnF in the 10 again this year
Im in Rocky Mountain House so just a short flight away -maybe we will run into you soon.

Hey Wayne. I'd love to see your plane. Rocky Mountain House is just a quick cross country, albiet in one of the clubs 172's for now.

How often are you out there? Do you fly into Parkland or Villeneuve regularly?

Randy

Hey Wayne. I'd love to see your plane. Rocky Mountain House is just a quick cross country, albiet in one of the clubs 172's for now.

How often are you out there? Do you fly into Parkland or Villeneuve regularly?

Randy

Im usually at the hanger (#10@CYRM) Mon-Sat playing around building a pedal RV or flying. Never been up to Parkland but sounds like a nice destination.
I will PM my phone number to you and you can text me to set up a time someday.

Oh , the things I've learned!

It's largely been a wonderful experience so far, I'm moving fuselage to hangar this week and completing wings in shop. My best tips: don't buy anything too early, get a pneumatic rivet squeezer, about 100 #30 and 40 drill bits, a quality 6" square, battery powered drill (s), good 90 degree shorty drill set, buy quality tools once, not cheap twice ( or five times), and opinions are more plentiful than grains of sand at the beach- be careful. Don't sweat it when you drill the wrong hole, use aircraft quality hardware, trust the info from Van's. If Van's states "drill a 17/532 hole or cut a piece to 3 and 19/456, do your best but don't lose sleep over it. Think structure over cosmetic first and foremost, and laugh at yourself when, with aching back and bleeding hands you say, "thank God I'll never have to do THAT again!" And above all, never get a fingertip in a rivet squeezer!

Or a finger in the way of a high speed drill bit! yes, I too was in denial until it happened.

Back