VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 07-16-2018, 06:24 PM

Default Stratus 3 Announced for 7/17

My wife ordered a Stratus 2S last week for my upcoming birthday. The units are backordered and shipping was set for 7/17. Then I got the following email today from Sporty's!

The newest edition of Stratus is here - Stratus 3.

Stratus 3 will be officially announced Tuesday, July 17th. Congratulations! You will be the first to get it.

Your backordered Stratus 2S will be automatically upgraded to a Stratus 3 unit in our system.

Stratus 3 offers everything that Stratus 2S does plus more. Here's a quick list of the new features you'll have.
New low price - save $200 from 2S
Auto shutoff - after flights to save battery
Smart WiFi - Use LTE at the same time as Stratus 3
Improved WiFi security - hide or password protect your network
Open ADS-B - works with other apps
New ADS-B Products - echo tops, lightning, icing forecast, turbulence forecast and more
Synthetic Vision Traffic Display - 3D view of traffic on your iPad with Synthetic Vision
You can learn more about Stratus 3 tomorrow at Sportys.com

Stratus 3 will begin shipping this week.

How about that!!! FINALLY, some good luck! I used a 2S in a rental a couple of weekends ago and it was quite handy for traffic and weather feed into Foreflight.

Garland in VA