What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Operating out of 52F or near by?

boearl

Well Known Member
Patron
Anyone operate out of 52F or near by? Picking up my -10 from GLO at 52F and wanted to see if there are commonly known local procedures to operate to the East VFR? I have the flyway charts, just looking for local knowledge. Thanks

Left traffic for both our runways. Once airborne and clear of other traffic, contact Approach on 118.1. They can give you a code through the DFW Bravo and make getting through the metroplex way easier. Flying north / north west is a good place to go until approach acknowledges you and gets a you a clearance. Remain south of the Denton class D and north of Alliance class D. 1,800 is a good altitude to climb to initially. It will keep you clear of all airspaces and Alliances approach course if they are landing toward the south.

Last edited:
Anyone operate out of 52F or near by? Picking up my -10 from GLO at 52F and wanted to see if there are commonly known local procedures to operate to the East VFR? I have the flyway charts, just looking for local knowledge. Thanks

From the E stay north of Addison at 2500 or less, watch for traffic from the N going into Addison, then over the lake, stay a bit north to avoid the 2000 ft class B. Class B floor at 52F is 3K so no worries.

Back