VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics


Go Back   VAF Forums > Education > Formation Flying
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-30-2015, 12:44 AM
donaziza's Avatar
donaziza donaziza is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 558
Smile Formation flying RV's near Peachtree City, Georgia

Hi Guys, I had to miss the formation clinic put on by Team Aerodynamix at KVUJ in N. Carolina this past weekend. ( My wife had to go in for a surgical shot procedure---they promised she'd be fine, so I could go to KVUJ, but she was anything but fine.) Anyway, I just heard tonight that there's something like 39 RV's down at KFFC, and that a lot of you went up by Ron Schreck & Kahuna for the formation clinic. I always thought formation flying was like riding a bike. Boy, Was I wrong!!! (I've got former Navy T 28 formation flying experience, but that was back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth, ie I'm a newbie.)

Would maybe, pretty please any of you guys take me up in your back seat and show me the ropes flying off lead's wing? Sure appreciate it. (I've got an RV 8)

(Just send an email if a y'all can)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-30-2015, 07:32 AM
Robert Anglin Robert Anglin is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: houston, texas
Posts: 900
Default Question on Formation flying in N.C. ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaziza View Post
Hi Guys, I had to miss the formation clinic put on by Team Aerodynamix at KVUJ in N. Carolina this past weekend. ( My wife had to go in for a surgical shot procedure---they promised she'd be fine, so I could go to KVUJ, but she was anything but fine.) Anyway, I just heard tonight that there's something like 39 RV's down at KFFC, and that a lot of you went up by Ron Schreck & Kahuna for the formation clinic. I always thought formation flying was like riding a bike. Boy, Was I wrong!!! (I've got former Navy T 28 formation flying experience, but that was back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth, ie I'm a newbie.)

Would maybe, pretty please any of you guys take me up in your back seat and show me the ropes flying off lead's wing? Sure appreciate it. (I've got an RV 8)

(Just send an email if a y'all can)
Hi, guys. I ran across this post and thought it may be worth asking.
I used to live in Houston and we had Stew McCurdy that started all the stuff down there out of George Town and the guys in Connrow. We are now in west central North Carolina. Seeing this post got me interested again.
I may be a couple of years before I would be ready for a formation ticket. But it may be fun to go set in on one of their classes. Who are where is there a group close to the Greensboro area of N.C. to start looking at formation flying? Thanks, yours as always. R.E.A. III #80888
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-30-2015, 10:43 AM
Mark Burns's Avatar
Mark Burns Mark Burns is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ruston, Louisiana
Posts: 860
Default Requesting title change

Can a moderator change the title of this thread please?

Replace or remove "down".

Thanks!
__________________
Mark Burns
Ruston, Louisiana
RV-7A N781CM 1,580+ hrs
FFI FL-24
A&P
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-30-2015, 12:27 PM
strahler13's Avatar
strahler13 strahler13 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 362
Default

Don, check PM.
__________________
Mark Strahler
RV-6 (Purchased flying)
KFFC-Peachtree City, GA
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-30-2015, 12:33 PM
Mike S's Avatar
Mike S Mike S is online now
Senior Curmudgeon
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dayton Airpark, NV A34
Posts: 14,383
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Burns View Post
Can a moderator change the title of this thread please?

Replace or remove "down".

Thanks!
Done......
__________________
Mike Starkey
VAF 909

Rv-10, N210LM.

Flying as of 12/4/2010

Phase 1 done, 2/4/2011

Sold after 240+ wonderful hours of flight.

"Flying the airplane is more important than radioing your plight to a person on the ground incapable of understanding or doing anything about it."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-30-2015, 12:35 PM
Sid Lambert Sid Lambert is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: North Atlanta
Posts: 1,119
Default

Funny! Being down in Atlanta I didn't even notice the play on words in the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Burns View Post
Can a moderator change the title of this thread please?

Replace or remove "down".

Thanks!
__________________
Sid Lambert

RV-7 Sold
RV-4 - Flying - O-320 Fixed Pitch - Red over Yellow

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-30-2015, 01:02 PM
fixnflyguy fixnflyguy is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Winston-Salem, N.C.
Posts: 944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Anglin View Post
Hi, guys. I ran across this post and thought it may be worth asking.
I used to live in Houston and we had Stew McCurdy that started all the stuff down there out of George Town and the guys in Connrow. We are now in west central North Carolina. Seeing this post got me interested again.
I may be a couple of years before I would be ready for a formation ticket. But it may be fun to go set in on one of their classes. Who are where is there a group close to the Greensboro area of N.C. to start looking at formation flying? Thanks, yours as always. R.E.A. III #80888
Robert,
You are in the heartland of Team Aerodynamix and they usually do the NC clinics yearly. Our 8A7 gang does some, but not to the level of Team Aero. Once you get the -8 flying, there is plenty of NC activity ! Also,make sure you put smoke on your plane ...
__________________
Bill E.
RV-4/N76WE
8A7 / Advance NC
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-01-2015, 06:45 AM
Robert Anglin Robert Anglin is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: houston, texas
Posts: 900
Default My, bad..

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixnflyguy View Post
Robert,
You are in the heartland of Team Aerodynamix and they usually do the NC clinics yearly. Our 8A7 gang does some, but not to the level of Team Aero. Once you get the -8 flying, there is plenty of NC activity ! Also,make sure you put smoke on your plane ...
Sorry, I did not look down the sites to see there was a file for formation flying. I think I would be looking for a formal ticket on this issue.. We had not gotten to the point of getting with the Eagle Flight guys down in TEXAS, before we moved up to N.C., but we knew them. I am always looking for ways to be a better pilot.. Doing air shows or presentations after getting established with the training and certification would be of most interest. I have seen the Aerodynamix grew at an airshow in Winston-Salem and wonder if they have instructors for a review and sign off for this type of training..? OH, smoke, if it is required, I don't think so. I am getting fat in my old age.. Thanks, Yours, R.E.A. III #80888
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-01-2015, 07:03 AM
Robert Anglin Robert Anglin is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: houston, texas
Posts: 900
Default Thanks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Lambert View Post
Funny! Being down in Atlanta I didn't even notice the play on words in the title.
Thanks Sid, being from South TEXAS we got uses to those guys east of the Sabine river.. Beer has gotten costly, so I guess I owe you a soda..
Yours, R.E.A. III #80888
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-01-2015, 10:25 AM
donaziza's Avatar
donaziza donaziza is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 558
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strahler13 View Post
Don, check PM.
Hi Mark, Been trying to PM you and just now, I sent a regular email. Either way, its coming back as "undeliverable"

I'm at H 770 205 2454
C 404 550 2163
donaziza1@comcast.net

Thanks Mark,

Don Oberlander
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:43 PM.


The VAFForums come to you courtesy Delta Romeo, LLC. By viewing and participating in them you agree to build your plane using standardized methods and practices and to fly it safely and in accordance with the laws governing the country you are located in.