What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Selector Tank Connection in Tandems

Saville

Well Known Member
If you have a tandem seat airplane - or a side by side with the fuel selector to one side of the cabin - How do you manage the connection from the selector to the nearest tank?

In my RV-8 it's a matter of about 4"-5" from the Andair elbow to the left fuel tank fuel line fitting. The elbow on the selector and the fitting on the tank are not lined up.

Right now I have a short piece of tubing with B-nuts at each end and it's a perfect pain to get the S-shaped fuel line tube to line up so that you can start the B nuts.

There has to be a better way. Any suggestions?

Hi,

here is my solution to the same Problem:

316p8np.jpg

11abfk9.jpg

(sorry upload changed it to it upside down)

FYI: As I have a Inverted pick-up in the left tank I have another bend towards the front just after passing through the hole
Cheers Yves

Last edited:
Gregg---what selector valve are you using? I assume the Andair 7T valve. We use a 120* hose end in conjuction with the EF20 Andair elbow to align the hose with the side skin hole.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Yes an Andair. I've been thinking how to use one of your flex fuel lines in this application. It would make things very simple. But I don't know about the right angle bend off the Andair elbow.

Back