What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV friendly airports near major college football stadiums

diamond

Well Known Member
Just curious if there are any RV friendly airports that are easy walking distance to a major college football stadium. I define this as a college that is consistently ranked in the top 20 year after year.

I think it would be awesome to get season tickets for such a team and conveniently fly-in for home games, tailgating, etc. Anyone doing this?

OK, Hokies will work. I think it would be awesome to fly in and meet other RVers for tailgating and then short walk to a game. Maybe some of you are already doing such a thing.

USC is reasonably close to KLAX (full service, four runways), but as the song says, "nobody walks in LA." There's usually a rental car available though.

There's another little state school near the airport, too; UC something-something, or the "Cal Extension Campus", but they don't even have their own stadium, and I can't remember the last time they were considered "top-25." I heard the state may even be shutting them down soon to save money.

--
Stephen

p.s. you didn't really think you were going to get unbiased answers to such a question, did you? :)

Last edited:
I thought USC didn't have their own stadium either...

You'd do better by staying in the SEC. The coeds and tailgaters are much prettier. Ole Miss has a shuttle to and from the airport (also owned by the university) on gamedays and it's not very far.

The stadium is, that's for sure. I think that's why my wife (an Aggie) married me. The name made up for quite a few of my other faults...

:D

....my fiance's last name is Kyle. That Kyle. She didn't get many traffic tickets in College Station. :rolleyes:

Ohio State is one of the few universities that still actually ownsand operates the airport (KOSU). While not adjacent to the stadium, they do provide shuttle service to the game.

bob

University Park

at Penn State. 5 minute round trip shuttle ride to the game - $9.00.

Ramp fee (if you don't buy gas) - $20.00.

Plain uniforms, the Blue Band, 100,000 of your closest friends and no JoePa - priceless.

Last edited:
KLNK, Lincoln, NE.

Just a few miles and there is always enough ground transportation.

Go Huskers!

Back