What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon ADS-B

JohnF

Well Known Member
I had a few back & forth emails with Dynon seeking to find out if they have anything on the drawing board regarding providing an ADS-B reception and display system so in-flight Metars/TAF/Nexrad/etc would be available.

Steve said he just came back from an engineering briefing wherein he learned that something that will provide ADS-B is now an an engineering design project that (seemingly) is just begun its first stage of thinking about/developing something. Just FYI I plan to wait and see.

JohnF

dynon com radio

I also see they are working on radios for sky view
that would mean an even cleaner panel in the -12
I hope they do NAV/GS/LOC/Marker too

The challenge with ADS-B is the requirement for a waas certified ifr GPS (GNS-4XX). That's where the money is, so just providing a UAT or transponder won't fulfill the official requirements.
V

I'm confused!!

The Trig ADS-B IN Receiver is advertised as showing Traffic, with no mention of Weather. I thought that the ADS-B In was for displaying Traffic and Weather. If this Trig is installed, it seems that yet another receiver might be needed to receive Wx?
Wonder why they didn't mention it.
Bob

Back