What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Difficult situation - need help

jonweisw

Well Known Member
All -

A dear friend of mine needs to sell his RV relatively quickly due to a tragic loss of his medical related to a very significant, incapacitating, health issue.

He completed his 7A in 2005 and it has around 600h on it. IO360-M1B with a Hartzell. Beautifully built (seriously - he is a former Navy test pilot and the attention to detail was nuclear-grade) and impeccably maintained. Always hangared and NDH.

Unsure as to the extent of his recovery and whether or not he would be airworthy again, he and his wife have held onto the airplane but have now decided to sell it. It is out of annual and based at Punta Gorda, FL (KPGD).

I have advised her that getting the airplane an annual and therefore airworthy should be a top priority (it is not safe or feasible for him to do the condition inspection subsequent to his event).

Do any of you know of an A&P in the Ft. Myers area who would be willing to do an annual on an RV? The airplane will be on the market soon, so this may be a good all-around project for a potential buyer as well.

More pictures to follow - or PM me.

N719_AH.jpg

Last edited:
Call Vince Polden 802 322 3761, he is broker in southeast Florida, who is
extremely knowledgeable and was very helpful on my last purchase.
Feel free to use my name : Tom Hankamp , Jacksonville ,Fl

IA at Punta Gorda

Todd Grothause is a IA on the field at Punta Gorda. He is very knowledgeable with RV?s and war birds. His number is 941-258-0002.

Jesse Saint is probably your best bet. He could even help you sell it. He's done great for a couple of friends of mine.

All - I can't thank you enough. Another example how how seriously amazing this community is. I have passed all this information as well as the PM's I got on to her and she is following through on them.

Back